• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What would you pay for it? AK build from parts.

Lumberman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
I am considering buying this AK, based on its looks. It has a MaK receiver and a poly front end and finished with a molycoat.
How do you value a parts gun?
Are they harder to resale than an original with matching #'s?
I am looking for one to shoot and enjoy not to just sit in the safe.

Attachments

• pix049519622.jpg
    pix049519622.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 74
I'd value it based on the condition of the parts and the care that was used to put it together. If it has a smooth action, good parts, good rivets, and everything is square then I might do $450 or so for it.

The bottom of the market are the guns built by the monkeys at century, and they fetch $400. If it's a decent home-built rig it'd be worth more than that to me.

I'd value it based on the condition of the parts and the care that was used to put it together. If it has a smooth action, good parts, good rivets, and everything is square then I might do $450 or so for it.

The bottom of the market are the guns built by the monkeys at century, and they fetch $400. If it's a decent home-built rig it'd be worth more than that to me.

I may be a bit low. I think those numbers I mentioned are accurate for fixed-stock models, but underfolders seem to be going for a bit more these days. Looks like a basic underfolder will be closer to $500, so if it's a solid one with quality work I might do $500 to $550.

Would a gun show be a better option for me to come up with a good one that somebody knowledgeable has checked out. A Century build M70 went for around $575 on here a couple of days ago quick. If somebody will guide me toward a good one for under $550 I will dance at your next wedding. The nightly news with all the unrest in the middle east has gotten me so worked up for an AK I can't stand it. It seems so unfair that everybody over there has one and I don't.

If somebody will guide me toward a good one for under $550 I will dance at your next wedding.

Impact Guns lists underfolder Romanian WASRs for $459.99 - they're out of stock but taking orders with a 1-2 week expected date.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI1405-N.html

Centerfire Systems has Polish Underfolders for $499.99 - also out of stock but taking orders.

Gunbroker lists several Century Romanian underfolders with a $475 'Buy it now' price

With all of these options, including shipping and your FFL charge, you should still be under the $550 budget.

Quote-The bottom of the market are the guns built by the monkeys at century. Just trying to avoid purchasing a century build based on quotes like these. Most comments are to avoid buying one sight unseen. I just missed the Mak90 posted last night for $475, if figure a Mak in my price range would be a better choice and maybe upgrade it down the road when funds allow.

Back
Top Bottom