• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What y’all hunting with this year

Savage Hog Hunter in 308 most likely.
9530E585-2188-4FDF-811F-9845916A5F8A.jpeg

For all of you that have responded to this post, I want to explain that for Threejays to use this rifle (the 450 in the initial post) and to make it through without almost immediately going back to the .30-06 is going to take a miracle. I too keep going back to the same old .30-06 too, but he talks down to me for liking the .308, or anything else. Like why use a .300 AAC BLK when the .30-06 is there, or I know you like the .308 but… or what will it do the .30-06 won’t? It’s always something!😁
I believe in miracles though, just not this one! If I’m wrong, it may go the other way and he starts shooting every caliber imaginable. We will see, me thinks he’s going to end the season with the ‘06😉😁

What grain is it lol
My 6.8spcll build. Wilson Combat receivers, DD CHF 16 in barrel, 3.5 lb. trigger, toolcraft BCG and other good components. I have a H3 buffer and three port brake on the way to smooth it out a bit. I run hot loads so it hits a little harder than factory ammo but those two parts will tame it down a smidgen. I use Pro Hunter 100 grain pills zinging right at 2950 fps. It should drop em like a sack of wet clams. I am going to enter the lottery for the Elk hunt next year. That should be a fun hunt.

For all of you that have responded to this post, I want to explain that for Threejays to use this rifle (the 450 in the initial post) and to make it through without almost immediately going back to the .30-06 is going to take a miracle. I too keep going back to the same old .30-06 too, but he talks down to me for liking the .308, or anything else. Like why use a .300 AAC BLK when the .30-06 is there, or I know you like the .308 but… or what will it do the .30-06 won’t? It’s always something!😁
I believe in miracles though, just not this one! If I’m wrong, it may go the other way and he starts shooting every caliber imaginable. We will see, me thinks he’s going to end the season with the ‘06😉😁
Well now I understand that there’s tidbits of truth to what you have said :becky: And it could come true. How ever the chances are about the same as a cat taking a dump in a cardboard Box full of oil dry:boink::pound:

So what you’re saying is about 100%!! That’s some ancient history there.
Well now I understand that there’s tidbits of truth to what you have said :becky: And it could come true. How ever the chances are about the same as a cat taking a dump in a cardboard Box full of oil dry:boink::pound:

I imagine, based his handle, 24/48 is a FF too and probably has some stories too. Truth doesn’t ALWAYS have to be spoken publicly 🤣😉

Back
Top Bottom