• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's tearing up my lawn?

My in-laws had the same issue. apparently the nasty armadillo eats grub worms which live under the surface, if they're there, which looks like it to me.. You can buy an insecticide that kills the grub worms and will in turn keep the armadillo away from eating the rest of your lawn. Good luck to you.

'Coons will do the same thing. Down in a previous urban existence, had some Cali type neighbors feeding the "sweet, cute little racoons" with additonal dog food on their open back porch. Well one or two turned into a whole extended family, of grandpas, grandmas, uncles, aunts, nephews, etc. Thye had set up homes in the very small patch of hardwoods behind our house. Then these holes and digs started appearing in our backyard & one day a very large one, middle of the day, got a little aggressive with my wife as she was working in the back yard. Knowing full well they can carry rabies, & can hurt you very bad if they were to tear into you, I said, enough is enough with these idiots feeding & attracting these critters into areas where folks could get hurt. In a little over two weeks time I captured 13 of them in a catchum live trap, & to make a long story short, these coons are no longer bothersome & the holes in the yard disapeared. No government assistence needed! ( I don't beleive any of those city folks heard any "shots fired" either! ) LOL!

We've recently had a rabies outbreak near my home with multiple confirmed cases. It's probably the third time in 2 years. I'd have to have a strong conversation with a neighbor doing that.

I heard one of our other neighbors ( right beside them ) took care of that part. I sure used a lot of those rubber disposable gloves & HD trash bags though! And almost every night after work there may've been a small caliber firearm in use. Just rumors, natch! Did you know that clorox kills grass when it's used to disinfect areas where possible contaminated body fluids are spilled? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom