• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's tearing up my lawn?

Cannnnnnn not help mehself...

i.imgur.com_JueJNbO.gif

Haha apparently not.

I am 99.5% sure that it's Manbearpig, but I would like a second opinion.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_10_hugegy2y.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_10_5uzydegy.jpg

Usually, armadillos leave a uniform hole that's almost funnel shaped. You can see where they push their snout into the ground to get at grubs & worms. Squirrels will leave much smaller & more shallow holes that look obviously torn / dug up around the edges. Another clue is when the holes show up. If you've got fresh holes in the morning, it's usually from night time dillo activity. Time to get the 22 loaded up and go on pest patrol! If it's squirrels, wait till fall and at least you can eat them. If you shoot a dillo, dump it far from your house.

'Coons will do the same thing. Down in a previous urban existence, had some Cali type neighbors feeding the "sweet, cute little racoons" with additonal dog food on their open back porch. Well one or two turned into a whole extended family, of grandpas, grandmas, uncles, aunts, nephews, etc. Thye had set up homes in the very small patch of hardwoods behind our house. Then these holes and digs started appearing in our backyard & one day a very large one, middle of the day, got a little aggressive with my wife as she was working in the back yard. Knowing full well they can carry rabies, & can hurt you very bad if they were to tear into you, I said, enough is enough with these idiots feeding & attracting these critters into areas where folks could get hurt. In a little over two weeks time I captured 13 of them in a catchum live trap, & to make a long story short, these coons are no longer bothersome & the holes in the yard disapeared. No government assistence needed! ( I don't beleive any of those city folks heard any "shots fired" either! ) LOL!

Back
Top Bottom