• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

whats the best deal youve ever gotten buying a gun?

Bought an aimpoint comp m2 sealed in the box new for $100, traded that for an M85 PAP straight up, traded that for a Remington 700 sps tactical 20" 308 straight up, put $300 into the Remington (decent scope, base and rings), sold Remington for $900 and bought my SWR Octane 45 HD suppressor. Basically got the can for $400

bought a 98% condition Arsenal SLR-95 with two circle 10 mags for $450

bought a 95% condition stainless 183 series mini 14 GB-F for $500

dad gave me a nib military model Steyr GB for my 18th birthday

Last edited:
Picked up a 2 month old Ruger M77 in 7mm Mag with a 3-9x40 scope for $150 from a co-worker. Bought it new for deer season an needed X-mas cash.
Picked up a near mint Remington 1100 12ga. at a GUNSHOW for $225 out the door.
Got a used H&K USP in .357 SIG at a pawn shop for $349. Sold it later on for $600.

Picked up a 2 month old Ruger M77 in 7mm Mag with a 3-9x40 scope for $150 from a co-worker. Bought it new for deer season an needed X-mas cash.
Picked up a near mint Remington 1100 12ga. at a GUNSHOW for $225 out the door.
Got a used H&K USP in .357 SIG at a pawn shop for $349. Sold it later on for $600.

those are some good deals! I'd almost feel bad about the first one, lol!

I knew a guy who "stated", he gave $60 for an 1894 Winchester from a guy who was literally penny broke...

This Past Saturday, I got a Like New, Hardley Fired but dirty, Smith & Wesson Model 19-5, 1984. Thing is 30 years old a polished up like it was new after a good cleaning. $350.00, no box or papers though.

About a month ago, purchased a Smith & Wesson Model 66-2 from a co-worker, dated 1982. Sat in a safe since 1986, fired about 20 rounds through it before that. Like New, $350.00, no box or papers again.

They are not for Sale or Trade.

Last edited:
Bought a Stainless Ruger 10/22 w/scope for $150 from a buddy.

Bought a LNIB Ruger LCR from a member on here for $250, traded it for a Glock 23, then traded the G23 and $50 for an XDm

Traded a $200 Bow to a coworker for a Glock 23

Was working on a pole line when the job engineer came out to check on things. We ended up talking guns and he mentioned that his wife had bought him a new rifle to go hunting with his family in Pennsylvania. It was a Remington 742 carbine in .30-06. Well, his relatives told him that it was against the law to use a semi-automatic rifle to hunt in Pennsylvania. He told me that he was going to sell the rifle and 10 boxes of ammo. I told him that I was more of a handgun guy than a rifle guy, but asked him to tell me what you want for it and I'd check with some friends. He thought for a second and said $150. I said, "Sold!" :eek2::eek2:

Best deal I ever got. Sold that thing at the next gun show for $450!! And yes, I did feel bad buying it for that price, but I got over it!!! :noidea: That engineer could afford it!!! And as my daddy used to say, "If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough!"
:noidea::noidea: :pound::pound:

Back
Top Bottom