Whats your bottom dollar?

Generally I don't respond if that's the very first post unless it's a quality person I've dealt with before. I don't mind a good faith offer or a lower offer with some consideration like "I'll come right to you". But if I get a what's your lowest price as a very first message I either ignore the PM or just respond with the price in the ad.

I have responded "I think I have it priced fairly" and then if they want to make an offer, then they can.

That is a bad response to an ad "What is your lowest you will take" because it will leave him trapped. Years ago a fella did that to me after driving a car I had in the 3K range and after I told him, he came back and offered me $50 less and I walked away form him. Did he think I lied to him?

How do you guys respond to that question? Especially when its the 1st message. I got a few go to responses but curious as to others...I'm sure theres a thread already, but can't locate it.

What's the most you will give?

When some idiot ask me how much I want for an item and the price is plainly stated in the ad, I double the posted price. lol I'm sure that if they reported me for hurt feelings I would be banned for a week or two, lol

I just tell them I'll take their price as a bid but I'm leaving the ad open for a week.
If someone offers asking price it will be sold. I have the option to take the highest bid after a week.
They usually withdraw their bid.

Generally I don't respond if that's the very first post unless it's a quality person I've dealt with before. I don't mind a good faith offer or a lower offer with some consideration like "I'll come right to you". But if I get a what's your lowest price as a very first message I either ignore the PM or just respond with the price in the ad.

Dude! I Respond with the original asking price too!

I like to get a good deal just as much as the next guy, but there is also something to be said for the art of haggle.

Back
Top Bottom