• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats your bottom dollar?

DJD still on this dead horse.
dead-horse.jpg

Dude! I Respond with the original asking price too!

I like to get a good deal just as much as the next guy, but there is also something to be said for the art of haggle.

Absolutely! I don't mind a lowball first offer that at least is a number. It is the "hey how little will you take?" That I don't like.

Absolutely! I don't mind a lowball first offer that at least is a number. It is the "hey how little will you take?" That I don't like.
This. Throw a number at me so we can start negotiating like men. I cringe when I hear what's your bottom dollar, before any dollar amount has been discussed.

I don't understand the butt hurt from getting asked a question.

I especially don't understand alienating a potential buyer with a smart ass answer to what is basically an honest question. If you are offended by the question don't answer it.

I have asked various versions of this question, and on occasion, received the response or some version, "what I'm asking". And occasionally I have purchased the item for the asking price; but I wouldn't have if I had received many of the answers here.

I suppose it's no wonder the trade forums are filled wih items that have been listed for years/

Back
Top Bottom