• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your new "favorite?"

My current favorite

Attachments

• FE8DA7F8-A5AB-414D-9141-8E6399FD904B.png
    FE8DA7F8-A5AB-414D-9141-8E6399FD904B.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 34
My favorite? That is easy for me. My dad purchased a .22 pump rifle the year I was born. It was over two years old when he purchased it. It was always up on the wall, in one of those old racks, in my dad's office. When I was 9 or 10, I can't remember which, my dad took me out to shoot the rifle. He took me to shoot regularly until I was able to shoot it with some degree of accuracy, and knew how to be safe with the rifle. Then, he gave it to me. I took that old .22 everywhere. Put it in the basket on my bike and road through town with it. Went to the local Western Auto and bought rounds for it. Lots of memories with that rifle. Yeah, it is just an old .22 pump rifle, but it is easily my favorite because my dad gave it to me. Yep, I still have it. The scars and bumps on the rifle are my doing. It could never be considered a collectors item, but that doesn't matter, because it will never be sold.
Just an old .22 pump rifle.

P1030602.JPG

My favorite? That is easy for me. My dad purchased a .22 pump rifle the year I was born. It was over two years old when he purchased it. It was always up on the wall, in one of those old racks, in my dad's office. When I was 9 or 10, I can't remember which, my dad took me out to shoot the rifle. He took me to shoot regularly until I was able to shoot it with some degree of accuracy, and knew how to be safe with the rifle. Then, he gave it to me. I took that old .22 everywhere. Put it in the basket on my bike and road through town with it. Went to the local Western Auto and bought rounds for it. Lots of memories with that rifle. Yeah, it is just an old .22 pump rifle, but it is easily my favorite because my dad gave it to me. Yep, I still have it. The scars and bumps on the rifle are my doing. It could never be considered a collectors item, but that doesn't matter, because it will never be sold.
Just an old .22 pump rifle.

View attachment 1905770
Hell of a story. That’s a family legacy piece right there, who cares about collector value.

Has to be the Ruger 10/22 I bought myself at Sears in 1979. First gun I ever bought, back when Mass. was only somewhat insane about firearms.

Love my Tavor x95 but my Beretta ARX100 has been growing on me. The ability to take ar pmags, change the charging handle from left to right side, change the ejection from right to left and remove the barrel and lower without a single tool, is awesome.

My favorite is a .22 caliber revolver that my father gave me when I was 8. It was just weeks before he died. At the time, I was oblivious to his cancer. He wanted me to have something that would be a lifetime reminder of his love. There is nothing innate about the gun itself. When ever I shoot or clean the revolver, I make a point to think of him.

For me it's a M1922 M2 trainer. I bought it here. The sight bridge was bent but I fixed that. It's so much fun to shoot. The target is 20 rds as fast as I could work the bolt and swap mags. Distance 50 yards. The only "9" is a cold bore fouling shot. It's nasty out here but I'm the only person at the club right now.
What's your new favorite rifle?
View attachment 1904178 View attachment 1904181

Same deal, 20 rdd Eley Club.
View attachment 1904210
Nice shootin Tex.

Back
Top Bottom