Wheel weights/balancing question

There is a product called Counteract balancing beads that balance your tires basically for the life of the tire. We use them in our shop and cost about the same as getting your tires balanced to start with.
Ya I forgot all about that stuff. We used those on the 1 ton vans that we ran Michelin RIB tires on. Some of those we couldnt balance conventionally with static weights.

That could be a balancing issue even when it only happens at certain speeds. That would probably be my first check. Think of it like a ceiling fan. Sometimes low and high can be smooth, but medium will shake the house.

It could also be several other things too such as worn bushings, steering stabilizer, loose or incorrect size bolts on suspension components, unevenly worn tires due to misalignment, etc...
I work in the "wheel industry" if you will we repair and refinish what he said is a great start and should solve it but if you have aftermarket wheels it could be a centering issue if the hub is off by a little. Usually in lifted trucks I don't even suggest bent wheel that usually happens more with cars and smaller tires. Also some tires no matter how new can come with a "hop" in them had a bad tire on my jeep no matter how much road force balancing it still shook even though the balancer said it was zeroed out. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Also full disclosure I didn't read all the pages of comments just the first half so I may just be repeating what someone else already said lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A lot of new tires have a weak spot in the sidewall
That will only show up on a "road force balancer"
It's a newish machine that has a roller that mashes against the tread of the tire while it's spinning on the balancer and measures the consistency of the sidewall strength

Also the ceramic beads are great to balance the tires
Way better than the lead weights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom