• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When do you mount a deer?/Show off your Mounts!

Here's my deer from earlier this month. He's a main frame eight with a split G2 and double brow tines and another decent sized kicker so I will call him a 12 pointer. He's at the taxidermist now. I have another deer on the wall that I killed in Greene County many years ago that also has a lot of character and points (14). I will post a pic of him tomorrow. If it's a deer with a pretty good story behind it and/or worth sending a picture to your mother in law (ie your son's or daughter's or yours if she really likes you) then it's probably worth mounting. My problem is my wife makes me keep them in the basement so my wall space is limited lol.

5868.jpeg

5870.jpeg

Waiting on this one.
View attachment 1401055

Below are great memories with my dad & sons. Dad died last Nov- miss him so much it hurts. Now my oldest son is in Japan- deer season is not the same but I still enjoy being there.
View attachment 1401042
View attachment 1401043
View attachment 1401044 View attachment 1401046 View attachment 1401048

I bet this deer season was harder on your son in Japan. I spent 4 years in Korea. This time of year hurt. I hope he is home to join you next year.

If you are going to mount a buck, you should at least shake hands first. But seriously, we do not shoot a buck unless we intend to shoulder mount it. If it turns out to be not quite as big as we thought, then we will do the euro. We never just cut horns off. Anyone comes to hunt with us knows up front. Does for meat.

If you are going to mount a buck, you should at least shake hands first. But seriously, we do not shoot a buck unless we intend to shoulder mount it. If it turns out to be not quite as big as we thought, then we will do the euro. We never just cut horns off. Anyone comes to hunt with us knows up front. Does for meat.
Been meaning to do a Euro mount on a hog head.

Back
Top Bottom