Where do you zero your rifle?

Still need to get to the bottom of these break in procedures. Pretty sure there's nearly a consensus. Probably another 2 or 3 threads ought to do it.
I just went with my old regimen and let her ride.Will continue to do so.I have learned its tough to ask for help and actually get it.

I've never had a new rifle...never knew anything about a barrel break in....but I learnt from a dear freind of mine how to set my scope up...it seems to work for me

A headwind will push a bullet down; a tailwind will pick the bullet up.

When the bullet is fired through a barrel with a right hand twist, a left-right full value wind will push the bullet to the right and slightly down. A full value right-left wind will push the bullet to the left and pick it up slightly.

Then there’s spindrift. Over a long distance, a bullet fired through a right twist barrel will bear to the right. With all other factors being equal, the faster the twist the more the spindrift.

A headwind will push a bullet down; a tailwind will pick the bullet up.

When the bullet is fired through a barrel with a right hand twist, a left-right full value wind will push the bullet to the right and slightly down. A full value right-left wind will push the bullet to the left and pick it up slightly.

Then there’s spindrift. Over a long distance, a bullet fired through a right twist barrel will bear to the right. With all other factors being equal, the faster the twist the more the spindrift.
This is not consistent. I have had days where the bullets veered in all directions.

IMG_0027.GIF

Would this work...shoot your rifle....of course you need to lock it down so it dont move...after the shot move your crosshairs to the bullet hole in tatget... then you shoot your hole out..with a little fine tuning...is this possible
Yep that's how I do it, a 25 meter battle zero is good nuff out to 300 meters, on a human sized target. If shooting bullseye at say 100 yards, that is where you should zero it when shooting smaller targets.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom