• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where is everyone getting their powder at

I did some digging regarding Universal. It looks like we're not going to see any until around 2025. IIRC the production facility in Canada has advance orders (presumably from some military customers) that will mean nothing for the civilian market.
What does the military use it for? 9mm?

Rosewood

What does the military use it for? 9mm?

Rosewood

No idea. I saw this on a forum that I found after a lot of digging - all the other information that the guy posted checked uot, so I give some credibility to this bit of the information.

Most military smallarms ammo for US consumption is made in quite public facilities like Lake City, but I guess if there might be a smaller contractor out there who makes specialized stuff like shotgun breaching rounds - maybe they're using the stuff. It does look like the trade in smokeless powder is truly international, so maybe it's all being bought by another country's military.

I’ve been buying from Cabelas in Acworth. I’ve also subscribed to emailed from Powder Valley, Natchez, and Midsouth, and wait for them them to have their No hazmat fee days to order online.

Powder and even primers seem more available (except large rifle primers). Now is time to stock up before the next election cycle, plant fire, COVID part 2, etc. Even seem some primers starting to get marked down.

I used to get some buddies together and order in bulk then we would split it among ourselves to spread out the pain of shipping/hazmat.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.png
    IMG_2488.png
    531.1 KB · Views: 6
You could try Outdoor Depot in Gainesville. I am pretty sure they had some Titegroup last weekend.

Or another good place is Alexander’s if you are in North Ga. Near Blairsville.

And another vote for Truprep in Marietta. I see powder there pretty regular. (Less than the other two places above usually.. but they have some pretty often)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom