• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to shoot 1000+ yards?

Good info here. I only knew about Cool, never heard of these other two, thanks. I'm also on a quest to learn, and find a new way to lose all my extra money, hehe :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Good info here. I only knew about Cool, never heard of these other two, thanks. I'm also on a quest to learn, and find a new way to lose all my extra money, hehe :)

I wish I had some extra!
Why didn't anyone tell me long range precision rifle was going to be expensive??? Ha

Don't tell anyone...this is a very well-guarded secret, but there is a public range at Fort Gordon that is SPECTACULAR. I've wrung out bolt action and semi's (mostly M14/M1a variants) at 800 yards there, if you use a spotting scope (they will supply one for you) you will see some yellow plates hung at exactly 1000 yards in the trees. The snipers on base use them. Go here and call for more info - GOOD FOLKS OVER THERE - https://www.fortgordon.com/programs/leisure/outdoor/outdoor-rec/

Don't tell anyone...this is a very well-guarded secret, but there is a public range at Fort Gordon that is SPECTACULAR. I've wrung out bolt action and semi's (mostly M14/M1a variants) at 800 yards there, if you use a spotting scope (they will supply one for you) you will see some yellow plates hung at exactly 1000 yards in the trees. The snipers on base use them. Go here and call for more info - GOOD FOLKS OVER THERE - https://www.fortgordon.com/programs/leisure/outdoor/outdoor-rec/
Hey Ga.G.C., you guys need to expand that facility to 1000 yds indoor!! :)

Yeah, I must have lost a few marbles, I keep hearing it and yet I still wanna get into it.

You could probably do it relatively inexpensivly at first but it's going to end up adding up.
The problem I've found is the "nickel and dimes" are a lot more expensive than conventional nickels and dimes

Back
Top Bottom