• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which Loctite for mounting a scope on a rifle

Which Loctite is best for mounting a scope on a rifle?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I use blue on guns. It takes very little heat to remove red,blue,or even green loktite. I would not use a flame on my firearm to loosen loktite,but a soldering GUN(not iron)will do the trick. Hold the gun on the screw until the screw is hot,maybe 30 seconds,and it will break loose with any loktite. I used to use clear nail polish,but the last two times I did,some scope screws loosened,and the scope had to be remounted.

I recommend none of the above, I thought I would be the only one who mentioned the green locktite, which is what I use, but the low strength purple would work as well.

Its the blue..or nail polish...the red is for machine parts a that vibrate constantly..use the red and you most likely will strip the northeast out when u try to remove them to replace a scope

i use the 222 low strength purple for scope mounts and rings. I have access to about every type of loctite they make(Race engine builder) I used the 271 for muzzle brakes an flash hiders, a drop of 638 on dove tail sights.

Back
Top Bottom