• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

which new ar should i get?

pretty sure they do have some parts on contract but what makes their rifles unique is at least officially...they're the only manufacturer allowed to utilize the TDP to manufacture civilian rifles.

absolutely not...only colt is...even FN who has the contract now for the .mil just came out with their own civilian rifle and it deviates from the tdp because it has to...it's actually not anything to write home about either...

however.., most quality manufacturers like bcm, daniel defense, noveske etc have significant knowledge of the tdp just can't "officially" use it to produce civilian rifles..though they tweak their rifles in areas that make them better anyway.

I put about $700 into a palmetto build (I know you said you won't deal with them anymore) with a premium FN barrel, Palmetto upper and lower , Palmetto parts kit, troy alpha rail and pretty much magpul everything else...for the money I spent on it, it doesn't get much better than that until you go up into the DD, BCM, Colt range of pricing.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_08_y5ada4u2.jpg

Also, if you go with a build and you wish for it to be mil-spec..make sure the bolt is carpenter 158 and carrier at least 8620..also shot peened, HPT/MPI & properly staked ...

Last edited:
I put about $700 into a palmetto build (I know you said you won't deal with them anymore) with a premium FN barrel, Palmetto upper and lower , Palmetto parts kit, troy alpha rail and pretty much magpul everything else...for the money I spent on it, it doesn't get much better than that until you go up into the DD, BCM, Colt range of pricing.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_08_y5ada4u2.jpg

Also, if you go with a build and you wish for it to be mil-spec..make sure the bolt is carpenter 158 and carrier at least 8620..also shot peened, HPT/MPI & properly staked ...

not worried about milspec as this will be my first build. but i do like that fn barrel. i love fn everything. didn't realize that fn barrel was that cheap to keep it w/in $700

I bought a PSA from my local FFL, brought it home put about 20 rounds through it and it started jamming...did the research, turned out to be a buffer retaining pin wasn't set right allowing the buffer and spring to come to far..took it back to FFL, they sent it back to PSA and in one day had a brand new lower waiting on me..pretty great service if you ask me..

Back
Top Bottom