• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which vette to buy?

Which car?

• Total voters
Back in 2009 i sat down to breakfast with a couple exec's from GM and another guy in the RV business. The RV guy expected to loose his job in the coming months because of the slowdown. Of course, The GM guys were getting bailed out by the government. Fair? I told the the GM guys they owed me for all the junk they had sold me over the years with the latest example of a Z71 truck with a Fred Flintstone tranny that the transmission mech. told me had some soft metal parts that he would not replace with OEM parts because they had been failing in several year models. I told them my next truck would be Toyota. One replied" But don't you think the quality is better now"? I don't know or care. I told him I thought they had taken advantage of customer loyalty. Took advantage of Buy American to keep the jobs. I told them they were no better than a cheating spouse promising to do better. Love my Yota truck!!!!!!!!!! It is built in the USA. My Z71 was built in Canada
I did not stay in a holiday inn express last night.

View attachment 722734

Why wait do what I did and bought my 1969 stingray 350/300hp convertible all original. I love her, she is the same model as my wife only doesn't get upset when I ride her hard. LoL

My first was a 69 427/390HP 4 Speed dark green with tan interior. Purchased when I was 17 and had to work FT to afford insurance. Was it worth it??? Yes it was. Kept for a year and finally sold for more that I paid which almost completely offset the $800 insurance tab. Still miss that car!!!!!! Love yours!!!

I told the the GM guys they owed me for all the junk they had sold me over the years with the latest example of a Z71 truck with a Fred Flintstone tranny that the transmission mech. told me had some soft metal parts that he would not replace with OEM parts because they had been failing in several year models. I told them my next truck would be Toyota. One replied" But don't you think the quality is better now"? I don't know or care. I told him I thought they had taken advantage of customer loyalty. Took advantage of Buy American to keep the jobs. I told them they were no better than a cheating spouse promising to do better. Love my Yota truck!!!!!!!!!! It is built in the USA. My Z71 was built in Canada
Yep, can't beat a Toyota for dependability and resale value!! :)

I just talked to the transmission guy about my recently hospitalized truck. The torque converter sheared the splines on the shaft. Also 2 and 3rd bands were almost gone. . . .

So right now it's literally "like a rock" ? :boink:
Sitting on a rack. I think some one hit his head on the trailer ball.
No splines on the inside.
IMG_20170104_200152.jpg

I just talked to the transmission guy about my recently hospitalized truck. The torque converter sheared the splines on the shaft. Also 2 and 3rd bands were almost gone. . . .

Do you tow with this truck? What caused a specialty built tranny to fail this soon?

Back
Top Bottom