• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which vette to buy?

Which car?

• Total voters
I debated on a c5z and c6z. Went with the c6 and don't regret it. Amazing machine, and they can be had pretty reasonable these days. However make sure the one you get has th heads fixed, or have them fixed soon after purchase. The ls7 had a valve guide issue among all years. Some dropped a valve at 15k miles, while others were at 100k without issue. What makes you want an 08 over an 06/07? The tr-6060?

Here is mine. 520whp with slightly milled heads and a torquer cam. Stock manifolds with a zr1 x-pipe to modded stock mufflers. And it will pull a lot of higher hp cars, including a new (stock) z06. :evil:
I am aware of the head issues. Yes the transmission is better and a few other kinks are worked out vs the 06 or 07.
Is yours really loud? I do not want loud or any drone.

I know they both took bail outs... I have owned a Dodge and a GM product.

You couldn't pay me to drive a GM car again.

I'm with you. But my old GMC's run great and have been since I bought them new in 2000 and 2004, even the 1999 S10 Blazer I picked up for my kid is still going strong.. I won't spend the crazy money any of them are asking for a new one now.

upload_2016-3-27_14-13-34.png

This!

I am aware of the head issues. Yes the transmission is better and a few other kinks are worked out vs the 06 or 07.
Is yours really loud? I do not want loud or any drone.

Transmission is the biggest thing. And to me it wasn't really a big deal. Mine is an 06 that now has 72k miles. It's also the lightest vette. No it's not really loud. With the modded mufflers and the mild to wild you get the best of both worlds. With the m2w closed, it sounds stock. And with the m2w open, it sounds like a mild aftermarket catback. Sounds realllly good at wot.

Transmission is the biggest thing. And to me it wasn't really a big deal. Mine is an 06 that now has 72k miles. It's also the lightest vette. No it's not really loud. With the modded mufflers and the mild to wild you get the best of both worlds. With the m2w closed, it sounds stock. And with the m2w open, it sounds like a mild aftermarket catback. Sounds realllly good at wot.
I'm gonna have to get you to take me for a ride sometime. :)

I really want a corvette. Really bad. At least I think I do. I have yet to drive a c6 corvette because dealers are retarded and refuse to let anyone test drive one.
I could buy a 2004 Z06 in a year and deal with headaches associated with a 2004.
I could wait, 1 to 1.5 years and buy a 2008 Z06.
I could wait 2.5 years and buy a 2010 ZR1.
I prefer one with traction control so I don't need tires every other day. I am sick of waiting. I could buy a ZR1 now if it weren't for supporting Airforce one trips to Hawaii.
the best hands down is the 08 525 horsepower and great ergonomics the best i have driven by far and well worth the wait...buy extra tires Goodyear F1s dont last long in 19" and you will take the traction control off and drive in track mode..one awesome ride that i will give up my classic for anytime of day..IMHO

Back
Top Bottom