• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which vette to buy?

Which car?

• Total voters
I've got an '01 convertible with 53K miles. It's my economy car and gets 28 mpg. It's stock and has enough power to get most people in trouble, including me. I had a '69 Firebird with a built 400 and close ratio 4 speed and the vette would greatly embarrass it in all performance categories.

for the money you're talking, you could build a car that would stomp a vette in less than a year. and it'd be you'rs, because you built it..

I have been the built route. I am not doing it again. I had a 1999 gmc 1500 awd with a turbo. I got tired of replacing all the parts and sold it. Not to mention it was LOUD!
It was not as fast when I owned it. Casey has done a lot to it. It might have been an 11 second truck when I had it.

I assume you are a younger guy because when you get older you will look back and say "why the hell did I spend that much money on a car". Do it, but don't look back!

I have never looked back and said "why the hell did I spend that much money on a car" and I have owned a lot of cars. Get one and enjoy it!

I been the built route. I am not doing it again. I had a 1999 gmc 1500 awd with a turbo. I got tired of replacing all the parts and sold it. Not to mention it was LOUD!
It was not as fast when I owned it. Casey has done a lot to it. It might have been an 11 second truck when I had it.

Ya, I build them right tho. The '90 IROC I'm building now, it will have 675-700 ponies ( being built by Mcintosh Performance ) 6 speed auto and be about 800 - 1,000 lbs less than a new vette. I'd be willing to put it against anything the factory is putting out. and it's all off the shelf GM parts aside from the suspension , which is all tubular btw .. it will carve the corners. Been doing this for 25 years, if you had a build that you constantly had to replace parts, etc etc, it was done wrong.

Given the choice of any other CAR it would be a Cadillac cts-v. I dont care for mustangs, chargers, camaros none of those. If I could not do either of the 3 the nod would go to a 2014 duramax.
I'd have to wait too long for a 2016 Z06. I saw one drive by the other day and my wife stopped talking to me so I could focus.

Traded my CTS-V coupe on a C7 Corvette. The performance was about the same, but the Corvette handles better and gets better gas mileage.

Back
Top Bottom