• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHITE MEN WHO NEVER CARRY CASH!

Reason I mention it is that I increasingly find myself somewhere they don’t accept cash. Some countries out there try to get everything through a cash app on a phone that is of course registered through the government. That’s pretty whacky. Just in general I think the world is moving toward no cash.

It is moving that way. I take cash to places like farm markets and swap meets or on road trips.

Reactions: GFB
I almost always have cash on me for emergencies and impromptu deals, but mostly use cards for the rare occasion that I do go in a store (I mostly online shop). I refuse to do the cash app stuff for a bottle of water (I see this w/ the kids at work). Either way, there is no need for hostility towards the other side, but I understand that is the ODT way now :behindsofa:

I always have cash with me, but I'll use my card for even a bottle of water. It's 3% cheaper so I'd be a fool to not use my card.

Cash is for tipping, or that occasional deal where someone is hard up. Or places that offer cash discount. Everywhere else I'm swiping my card and getting my 3% savings.

Also, I could have $1200 in my pocket and if you approached me about some dumbass raffle I'd look you in the eye and say this white boy doesn't carry cash.

I think raffles and fund raisers have become the new pan handling. Everyone is raising money for something but rather than simply asking they offer you something that someone has given them. Folks ask you to give and rather than being guilted to give folks just say I don't have cash. I give if Im interested.
Exactly. The folks who approached me at the local festival this last weekend were aggressive as panhandlers. The raffles weren't for anything I'd need or be interested in either. Plus they were all $20 to start.

Cash is King, and I still write checks at the grocery store.
Lol I can't stand getting behind y'all in line. Do you at least have it partially filled out before you get to the checkout? Like the name, date and signature? Or do you make me wait 10 minutes while you get it all ready? :lol:

I think at most I'll have $100 on me, but usually about $40 for just in case small things that might come up. But otherwise, credit card that gives me cash back that I pay off before the statement cuts.

All that it will take is for the phone lines go out for a few hours or a day and nobody that doesn’t have cash won’t get crap !
If you can’t call in to authorize that sale with a card, then no sale !
I will stick with a fair amount of cash….and use cards when I can. But I like the fact that you can’t track cash as easily as cards.
I can take a day or weeks worth of card transactions and build a profile on where you go when you go and what you do. Where and what you eat, what kind of car you drive, where you live, all that crap !
It isn’t as easy with cash transactions.

Back
Top Bottom