• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who All Lives In Macon, GA?

IMO, Macon is a beautiful downtown like other surrounding cities it has its ghetto area. Im from macon & go there often, most violent acts are amongst violent folks.. However, I don't care to live there again, taxes/schools/politics...Anytime I go I am carrying & if I couldn't carry at this event I wouldn't go..

concealed carry is permitted and encouraged. We are dividing up into groups and trying to hit as many hotels, motels, bars, ect as possible in a few hours. As mentioned it's an interesting town ;) and guns are mighty good at protection from gang activity.

also, something about those figures

be careful believing them even from a "reputable source"

i remember reading an article (i wanna find it) about how those figures are estimates that also include prostitutes who willingly traffic themselves.

trafficking sex is illegal as is prostitution. also these events are run by political parties in the name sake of special interest. this wont do anything except bolster support and allow everyone to pat themselves on the back

think about it folks, look into the other initiatives the mayor for example has spurred or been a part of (again this is a way both the dems and the GOP consolidate power, they split up causes to take up!)

dont buy into this show boating please folks.

The information was compiled by the End It Movement and was gathered in 2010 by the FBI, police, and independent human trafficking advocate sources. The figures are actually worse than they were then. I agree that one should view such statistics with an air of caution, and yes prostitutes are counted in the figure, however only prostitutes that are threatened or owned by pimps. No "independent prostitutes" were included in the figures. The event is NOT hosted by the mayor nor is being done for political purposes. It is being hosted by MG ALERT; a local orginization with boots on the ground that not only bust sex houses in Macon, Bibb county, Atlanta, and other nearby locations, they also have legal representation all throughout Georgia. Please do not take these statistics lightly.

If you would like to come to the event yourself, I would encourage you to do so. Open minded or not, come see for yourself.

Last edited:
I don't agree that macon (downtown) is as bad as some say,,,bloomfield is a bad area, it has been going that direction for 30 yrs...I suspect the Mayor will have cops there if the need is.

I don't agree that macon (downtown) is as bad as some say,,,bloomfield is a bad area, it has been going that direction for 30 yrs...I suspect the Mayor will have cops there if the need is.

I guess its all a matter of perspective. I used to work in downtown, and it was bad. Last time I was there, it looked worse...... But then again-I hate cities!

Get me hell away from bad traffic and streets full of thugs, and I'm happy.

Macon is probably no worse than most of Atlanta, once you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom