• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who do you guys use for car insurance?

They all suck balls ...

But here is my 2 cents worth. If an insurance company has to to advertise continually on television , then it is all about customer acquisition , NOT customer retention. If you buy your insurance solely based on price point and have basic minimum liability (25K) then it doesn't matter. Customer service comes in to play when you actually need to get your car fixed. It's a lot like an HMO health policy ( you had better stay within their provider network ) Are you good with aftermarket parts ? are you good with LKQ ( junk yard parts) ? then go get you some State Farm, Farmers, Allstate and subsidiary companies , Progressive, Geico , Liberty Mutual and subsidiary companies . USAA does have the exception of all new OEM parts if the vehicle is two years old or newer to the month of date of production and date of loss.

Are you really in good hands? are all your neighbors good ? How about Jamie and Flo ? Just wait till you have a conversation about diminished value with them ...lol

You better hope you do not have a car with restricted parts from the manufacture and need to go OUT OF NETWORK

Now if you have a really nice new car and expect a certified repair with all new OEM parts, then you better do your homework. I have personally experienced some of the best service from smaller insurance companies. Hartford , Central Ins , AutoOwners, AAA, Amica , Country Financial, Farm Bureau, AMPAC are just a few

I won’t read all the posts, for auto claims it doesn’t really matter they’re all going to take care of you.

For homeowners, I can tell you who without a doubt State Farm and Allstate are the worst.

State Farm in my opinion is a criminal organization. Even when you have legitimate storm damage claim they deny you and fight you on it every single time. They’re actually reaching out to homeowners all over the state saying “your roof is 15 years or older, it must be replaced or we will drop you from coverage.”
Then give you about two months to get it replaced before you lose your insurance.

The best for homeowners in my opinion
Travelers
Georgia farm bureau
Auto owners
Progressive
The Hartford
USAA

The top three on that list are the ONLY insurance companies not forcing homeowners to replace their roofs prematurely, everyone else is a part of the scam.
They mainly do this in areas where they know there has been significant hail damage, trying to get out of coverage.

I could rant and rave all day about the shady **** these companies do, just look at your policy exclusion underwritings, most people getting new or renewing coverage will not be covered in many areas or have acv policies and when you need to file a claim it’s gonna hurt.

Allstate was terrible to deal with for storm damage on our homeowner policy.

Travelers was very responsive and easy to work with for the auto claim from the same storm.

Back
Top Bottom