• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who is getting their muzzle loaders out?

Finally was able to get mine running last weekend (a hawken .50 cal).

Got it from another ODT'er earlier this year on a trade.

Took me a while to realize that you really need to pack that powder and ball down really, really, really tight in order for it to ignite (pretty much needed to use a rubber mallet on the rod...)

Was very pleased with the accuracy of the ball at 50 yards. 80 grains of RS.

I'll be out Saturday with it, and my son will be sitting next to me with a .300 blackout (we haven't worked out the criteria for who gets to shoot if we see something!!)

Looking forward to it.

Finally was able to get mine running last weekend (a hawken .50 cal).

Got it from another ODT'er earlier this year on a trade.

Took me a while to realize that you really need to pack that powder and ball down really, really, really tight in order for it to ignite (pretty much needed to use a rubber mallet on the rod...)

Was very pleased with the accuracy of the ball at 50 yards. 80 grains of RS.

I'll be out Saturday with it, and my son will be sitting next to me with a .300 blackout (we haven't worked out the criteria for who gets to shoot if we see something!!)

Looking forward to it.

I have the Thompson Hawken in 45, 50,54. and a 12 gauge Double black powder..The 12 is another brand, I use Powerbelts which are great and you don't have to pound with a hammer..I have changed 3 to 209 inclosed ignition primers, I love them, it can rain and the primers don't get wet..Better and hotter ignition with no miss fires..DD

Yep, I have a cheap (Traditions), inline I bought years ago when they first started the season. Truth is, I probably won't shoot since I bumped the rear sight in the last year and I know it moved and I can't get out between now and then to sight it back in. :mad: No matter, sitting in a tree on a cool morning will be just fine regardless... :)

Just got back from the range myself. Switched from round ball to lubed bullets in my T/C Hawken .50 - runs great! Can't wait for sat. mornin'. Good luck to all of ya'll!

im ready for everyone hunting anywhere near me to start shooting powder burners. itll just push the deer over to me and cost me alot of money in broadheads.

driving down to the hunting property tomorrow after work. Enjoy a mexican dinner, a few beers and make it an early night!

Already swabbed my barrel and breech plug to make sure we dont have any hang fire or ftf issues.

I will be shooting my .50 Cal CVA Wolf with a sabot'd 230 grn .45 Hornady XTP Hollow point

Muzzy power!

Back
Top Bottom