• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who is getting their muzzle loaders out?

I have passed on 11 deer the past three mornings. I went Saturday evening wih my son and he missed a monster buck. I wasn't even shooting but when I saw it I my heart started racing!!! At 9 years old he will learn lol

Boy doesn't that sum it up. As I was cleaning mine Saturday afternoon, I realized, "I got through all of this, for a one week season, which for me is just opening weekend, which is generally just opening day, which this year was just opening MORNING! I need to just sell this stupid thing!" :grey:

Yeah, I love the tradition of the Hawken, but I'm seriously thinking of getting an inline. They are just so much easier to deal with.

Yeah, I love the tradition of the Hawken, but I'm seriously thinking of getting an inline. They are just so much easier to deal with.
It's the same basic issue. Mine is an inline, I'm over it. There's a reason man invented fire, wheels, and then smokeless cartridiges. ;)

I converted all my Hawkins from a cap to a 209 found a guy that used to make a stainless steel floating firing pin. You screw in the base at the threads where the pocket is, put in the 209 primer and screw down the cap that has a free floating firing pin..Much hotter spark, moisture doesn't get in and never had a failure to fire after that. DD

yep I converted my old TC hawkins to 209 this year...Major different when it fires verse a #11 cap...................

Shot two youngins from my new climber location (got mega poison ivy clearing that tree) so I am glad the work paid off.

Both came in together, I shot the bigger one, the the smaller of the two came back. She watched my reload, drop my ram rod (as it bounced off the climber), smack my scope on the rails of the climber, aim and shot that one.

Both fell DRT. That was Saturday afternoon.. went to the field and watched 10 or so does and youngins playing, a few spikes and couple 4 pointers. Sunday I just watch a few bucks play and mill about.

Gonna muzzle it Friday and then bust out the .300 AAC Saturday and Sunday.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom