• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who is getting their muzzle loaders out?

I checked mine last Sunday along with all the AR's I plan on hunting with this season. I have hunted my favorite spot only once this bow season so I can sneak in Saturday morning and surprise them. Had a little 4 point come within 10 yards of me the one time I hunted there. I planted a nice plot down a skidder trail in front of the stand and it is coming in really well. Really looking forward to it.

Naw I've decided to hunt most of the year with the crossbow. I've got a muzzle loader in the safe I thought about putting up for sale since I don't use it.

Only time I plan on using a gun this year is during the pine log gun hunt. Probably going to be hard choice between the .44mag revolver or type 53.

I've been in the woods for a month now doing "the traditional thing." You boys make a bunch of noise with your smoke poles and push 'em my way. :thumb:

So, you use a long bow and wooden arrows? :rolleyes:

Actually, I would love to do just that, but I no longer have enough time to practice to the point I can shoot it well enough. I can proudly say I killed my first deer with a traditional recurve shooting instinctively, but that was almost 40 years ago when I could shoot a couple of hours every day.

Back
Top Bottom