• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why are AR15s better than AK47s?

Good AR shooting, an AK won't beat it or exceed it. But then there is this issue of "combat accurate" .

Can you nail a man at 200, 300 or 500 yards or better.

I loves the AK for under 300 yards. It's a pit bull and never gives up. It's a chopper!. I can use the accuracy of an AR to 500 yards or better but the .22 caliber bullet has a range of effectiveness. 7.62 opens cars and trucks very well where an AR/.233 fails.

Last edited:
The accuracy thing is less important to me. But I will admit that the AR is more user friendly and the only choice if you want to switch calibers. But even knowing all that I still traded my AR for a WASR. But I'm hard headed.

I guess some people equate "Accurate" with "Best"--Me personally, I want any weapon I may hafta' bet my life on to be RELIABLE--Which the AK has over the AR, in spades--Next question? LOL!....mikey357
Funny, I can count on one hand the number of malfunctions I have had with this rifle over a 20 year period and thousands of rounds. I can't say the same of any of the AKs I've owned and I've owned a few. Got rid of all of them though because I couldn't rely on hitting anything with them more than a stones throw away.

And none of us would shoot like that in actual combat, so in a combat weapon benchrest accuracy is hardly a priority. Just my opinion as a certified armchair warrior. :thumb:
Accuracy faults are cumulative. The more accurate the weapon, the less effect the stress of combat has on accuracy. The weapon does not get stressed. It's also a hell of a lot less stressful to kill a man at 600 yards than it is at 60.

Accuracy faults are cumulative. The more accurate the weapon, the less effect the stress of combat has on accuracy. The weapon does not get stressed. It's also a hell of a lot less stressful to kill a man at 600 yards than it is at 60.

Kill many men have you? I think killing a man at any distance would be stressful as hell.

Funny, I can count on one hand the number of malfunctions I have had with this rifle over a 20 year period and thousands of rounds. I can't say the same of any of the AKs I've owned and I've owned a few. Got rid of all of them though because I couldn't rely on hitting anything with them more than a stones throw away.

5000 to 10000 rounds fired with less than 5 malfunctions? :pound:

Back
Top Bottom