• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are some cops still douche bags?

beating dead horse gif.gif

and here we are again

Because cops are from the same society as all other professions. There are good ones, mediocre ones and the douche bags - same as all other workers and people. I've had great neighbors and some really lousy ones.

Why are there scammers that steal from seniors? Why are there hackers that will empty out a strangers bank account and not think twice? Why are there guys that mistreat animals or beat up their wife/girlfriend? Why are their good workers and terrible workers? Why are there flakey guys and shysters on here?

We want and expect better than we get most of the time. But counties and cities can only hire from the pool of applicants they get. Paying more helps, but it's difficult to find money for more pay and benefits with more demands for services while trying to keep property taxes low. You hope the application process, background checks and extensive & stressful training weeds out the creeps and power hungry types but it's not 100%. Surpervisors and leadership shouldn't tolerate bad or criminal behavior - prosecuting bad cops should be standard (same as anybody else) when they step out of line. Get the facts and then go from there.

I know Gwinnett county used to advertise across the county to fill their open positions but they'd always have 50+ openings (out of 800+ authorized positions). They'd hire some good ones and they would stay a few years and then leave to make a lot more money working for.....the city of Atlanta.

Deputies always treat me very well . They have cut me slack on afew occasions.
GSP and game wardens are the worst though. I don’t have anything nice to say about them.
To answer your question though.... I think GSP and Georgia game wardens are pretty self righteous and over zealous (There are exceptions of course) . They think they are a different class or something idk.
Get yourself a blue light special??

Because cops are from the same society as all other professions. There are good ones, mediocre ones and the douche bags - same as all other workers and people. I've had great neighbors and some really lousy ones.

Why are there scammers that steal from seniors? Why are there hackers that will empty out a strangers bank account and not think twice? Why are there guys that mistreat animals or beat up their wife/girlfriend? Why are their good workers and terrible workers? Why are there flakey guys and shysters on here?

We want and expect better than we get most of the time. But counties and cities can only hire from the pool of applicants they get. Paying more helps, but it's difficult to find money for more pay and benefits with more demands for services while trying to keep property taxes low. You hope the application process, background checks and extensive & stressful training weeds out the creeps and power hungry types but it's not 100%. Surpervisors and leadership shouldn't tolerate bad or criminal behavior - prosecuting bad cops should be standard (same as anybody else) when they step out of line. Get the facts and then go from there.

I know Gwinnett county used to advertise across the county to fill their open positions but they'd always have 50+ openings (out of 800+ authorized positions). They'd hire some good ones and they would stay a few years and then leave to make a lot more money working for.....the city of Atlanta.
Now you know you can't sit on the fence!! you must be for or against!

Back
Top Bottom