Why Colt AR-15s are the only AR I will own.

I mean no disrespect, but any AR I've had in the last 7 or 8 years will shoot that well or better. My near stock DPMS LR .308 will shoot quarter size groups @ 100 yds. Colt's bowing to the feds with the large pin FCG's turned me off them years ago.

Every AR I've ever owned was accurate. Some had to be sighted in (every Colt or Armalite rifle I was ever issued in the military)but all were and are very accurate, that's why I prefer an AR over an AK.

I mean no disrespect, but any AR I've had in the last 7 or 8 years will shoot that well or better. My near stock DPMS LR .308 will shoot quarter size groups @ 100 yds. Colt's bowing to the feds with the large pin FCG's turned me off them years ago.

Yeah but that is using a scope I am sure. I shot those groups with iron sights. If I put a scope on the rifle then it might have just been one ragged hole.

I'm blown away by that. I've had two of them, and was pleased with both of them right out of the box. I've also carried one at work for a couple of years now, and it will hold an inch easy at 100m with irons.

Could have been just that rifle. One thing I will say about BM they go bang and cycle just fine. The 10.5 I had on last deployment was a BM. It worked just fine. I had a cigarette in my left hand when I shot the 100 yard group with the Colt so I only had one hand on the rifle and half assed it. Could have been better. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom