• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why Colt AR-15s are the only AR I will own.

Nice shooting bypass. Factory zeroed is definitely a nice touch and you can't go wrong with the Colt.

The rest of you guys claiming 1 moa or less with irons at 100 yards, I'd like to see that. Three round groups, "called" flyers and cherry picking doesn’t count! ;-)

Nice shooting bypass. Factory zeroed is definitely a nice touch and you can't go wrong with the Colt.

The rest of you guys claiming 1 moa or less with irons at 100 yards, I'd like to see that. Three round groups, "called" flyers and cherry picking doesn’t count! ;-)

Thanks bro :thumb:

My skill set against your skill set? Bragging ain't exactly a skill, but skill sets don't prove a thing about out of the box accuracy. I have nothing to prove. My ego got clipped many years ago.

You may out shoot me, maybe not? But it would only serve to prove the difference between two shooters on that given day far more than the two brands of AR's we brought to the match.

No thanks', I'm further into this pissing match than any adult should be already. I bow to your ego. You win the pissing match.

My skill set against your skill set? Bragging ain't exactly a skill, but skill sets don't prove a thing about out of the box accuracy. I have nothing to prove. My ego got clipped many years ago.

You may out shoot me, maybe not? But it would only serve to prove the difference between two shooters on that given day far more than the two brands of AR's we brought to the match.

No thanks', I'm further into this pissing match than any adult should be already. I bow to your ego. You win the pissing match.

You started it.
thumb.gif

You assume that you shoot that much better than I do? Hell I gotta DTI 5.56 that'll shoot a better group than those with open sights.

I've pretty much settled on a Colt for my next AR. I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I know their quality is probably the same as many other ARs. The thing about Colts seems to be that very few people say that their quality is worse than others though. The overall consensus seems to be that you can do as good as a Colt but you can't do much better. Maybe you pay a little more for the name but Colt earned that premium by providing a century of quality guns, it's not just advertising.

I've pretty much settled on a Colt for my next AR. I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I know their quality is probably the same as many other ARs. The thing about Colts seems to be that very few people say that their quality is worse than others though. The overall consensus seems to be that you can do as good as a Colt but you can't do much better. Maybe you pay a little more for the name but Colt earned that premium by providing a century of quality guns, it's not just advertising.

I guarantee you that if you could buy a Colt for $650, keeping everything else the same, people would begin with the "softer metal" and "quality of manufacture" and "fit and finish" comments aimed at them.

You're right....it's not "just" advertising. It's all advertising.

Back
Top Bottom