Why Colt AR-15s are the only AR I will own.

Nice shooting bypass. Factory zeroed is definitely a nice touch and you can't go wrong with the Colt.

The rest of you guys claiming 1 moa or less with irons at 100 yards, I'd like to see that. Three round groups, "called" flyers and cherry picking doesn’t count! ;-)

I bet they're are a ton of guys on this forum that could do this easily, especially off a bench.

I bet they're are a ton of guys on this forum that could do this easily, especially off a bench.

I am sure they could. Easily. Wasn't really trying to make this a competition though. Just pointing out Colts little bit of effort they put into setting the sights on a new rifle and saying the groups are pretty good for a NIB AR.

Considering that most bulk ammo is capable of 2 moa on a good day and the average chrome lined AR barrel is a 1.5" shooter, I have my doubts. Most folks aren't going to spring for match ammo or shoot a true 10 round group. Holding 1" or less at 100 yards with irons for 5 or 10 round groups, is not as easy as most would claim.

Last edited:
I would take a colt over any of those too. While those are all nice rifles they are not worth the money over a colt. For the price of some of those rifles you could buy multiple 6920s with money left over for mags and ammo.

Not everyone is caught up in the what's the coolest name game. And I trust bypass' opinion a lot when it comes to these things.

You can buy most of those brands for $1000-1200. Try that math again.

Bypass, right on, bro.

I bought my Colt brand new in 1998. I have run an estimated 15,000 rounds through it. It has never, not once, jammed.

And it is still more accurate than I can shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom