• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why did this timing belt fail at only 60k miles?

If you want what came from the factory, get a mitsuboshi belt. Your belt probably sat on the shelf a few years before you got it. So its extra dry. How cracked is it between the ribs?

And if you were idling when the belt broke, you’re “probably” ok. Only one way to find out.

If you want what came from the factory, get a mitsuboshi belt. Your belt probably sat on the shelf a few years before you got it. So its extra dry. How cracked is it between the ribs?

And if you were idling when the belt broke, you’re “probably” ok. Only one way to find out.

Mitsubishi makes belts for Honda engines?

Slight cracking between a few ribs. Most cracking is on the backside of the belt.

Was slowing down using engine braking in 3rd gear coming up to a red light. Already tried restarting it several times before I realized the belt had broken.

+1

If I'm working on a car to save some money, I try to not cheap out on parts that are either essential, or a pita to replace, when I did the timing belt on my accord the Aisin timing belt kit was 180, the gates one was like 150, and some china **** brand one was like 100, and the aisin kit came with a mitsuboshi belt along with better parts made in japan.

As to that timing belt in the original photo it looks pretty ****ered, makes me want to pop my upper timing cover off and just give mine a looksie. Did you replace the belt tensioner too, if that belt was improperly tensioned it could cause it to wear a lot faster, that's another part I don't trust a generic parts supplier to make to OEM standards.

Slight cracking between a few ribs. Most cracking is on the backside of the belt.

Was slowing down using engine braking in 3rd gear coming up to a red light. Already tried restarting it several times before I realized the belt had broken.
https://www.mitsuboshi.com/english/

different company, they snuck an o into there.

Not Mitsubishi. Mitsuboshi. Two different asians.

Back
Top Bottom