• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people expect delivery of items ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversolder429

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
Cant make sense of people replying to sales post , asking for a lower price then wanting you to accomodate them buy driving 30-75 miles to bring it to them . Are they not the one inquiring ? Why do i want to waste my gas money and time to do this after i agreed to a lower price ? This only benefits them more .
Does this irritate others ? Or is it just me because im a d*** ? It happens 90% of the time .
If i inquire about a gun i let the seller pic a spot because i contacted him as im interested in his item .
Just cant understand people.

If I'm not willing to drive I offer to pay for shipping or the shipping cost is part of the lower price. Like, if I pay for shipping will you knock off half shipping price or something. Amazon has spoiled us all. Order one day and the next it's in your house :). Firearms i drive. If it's a long way i ask to meet halfway. If I have to come whole way gas is the negotiation. Cant lowball and then expect the other to pay for travel too. I like a good deal but it's also important to give fair value.

Agree, I try to offer a place to meet that is easy for both during my negotiations. That way they can figure their time and gas into the deal. If it still suits me to purchase or trade then i follow through. However I have met some great members here that when buying, trading or selling will travel to me because i have a horrible work schedule. When doing so, i always try to make it worth their time. Some people are not as considerate as others. Or they will over $50 less than asking price on an already good deal just because they have to drive 20 min to meet you 1/2 way.

Cant make sense of people replying to sales post , asking for a lower price then wanting you to accomodate them buy driving 30-75 miles to bring it to them . Are they not the one inquiring ? Why do i want to waste my gas money and time to do this after i agreed to a lower price ? This only benefits them more .
Does this irritate others ? Or is it just me because im a d*** ? It happens 90% of the time .
If i inquire about a gun i let the seller pic a spot because i contacted him as im interested in his item .
Just cant understand people.

I've had several successful trandactions from here and they were all cordial and agreeable. Most all were half way between meetings or what made the most sense for the both of us. I did it the old fashioned way and talked to the other guy on the phone. We may be getting some snowflakes on here that think they're entitled and think you suppose to deliver to their needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom