• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why do you conceal carry?

I'm no great hand gunner, but for suppressing fire, like you said, and maybe a lucky hit or two at distance, I can do that. The police officers on my shift are friends of mine and I would not leave them hanging if their lives were in danger and I could help. Nor would I shirk my duty if I felt that I could stop a shooter. I could not look in the mirror if I did, and could not look at my son. I'm far from a hero, but I will stand my ground and fight if need be.

American citizens have duty too. Or at least we were always supposed to have duty to our communities and country. That's how we got here. I still believe in it. Along with personal safety and defense of my family, that's why I carry. "For God and country!"

"In all things do your duty" - Robert E. Lee

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This pretty much sums it up here!
Well said @MRH
Protection for my Family, friends, myself and any other who cannot do so themselves.

Reactions: MRH
Keep my license current and carry 'cause I always have. Got me out of some interesting situations over the past 50+ years, thankfully without shots fired.

g26 with a back up 15rnd mag.
i had a lcp for a bit,then went to a lcp,the 26 is the same size just a bit wider.
i carry for 2 reasons, you just never know, i have had a gun pulled on me twice in my lifetime before i started carrying. hope it never happens again, but if it does....next time may be very different..
but foremost is family protection. not so much me as the ones i love. i carry in the house, the last thing i want is to ask a home invader if we can start over so i can get my gun...

I carry all the time. I carried on duty in the military, either in a war zone or as an armed courier. Off duty I couldn't. After I retired I didn't carry for a few years since I stayed away from bad areas and just didn't worry about it. About 15 or so years ago I got to thinking that there are sheep and there are wolves and there are sheep dogs, and my natural nature is to be a sheep dog and the wolves shall not pass. I went through many iterations of what I carried from a 22 derringer to a .380 to getting serious with a Glock 23 in 40 S&W to a Sig 239 in 9mm. In the last couple of years, I did more thinking about body armor and such so I switched to a Glock 30S in .45 ACP. Since I carry in church and I'm part of the security detail with my own zone of defense I though the .45 would be a better round even if they are wearing body armor. The .45 is more likely to knock them off balance or knock them down long enough for me to get close enough for a kill shot. I shot people in war and an attack on my family or on the sheep I am guarding is war to me so death to the wolf is not a game stopper for me.

I would engage an active shooter if I was out and about. If armed LEO were engaging them I would retreat and let the experts handle it but would be available if they needed backup but I sure wouldn't run in, gun in hand, but only as a last resort.

I carry because it is my duty to protect my family and those who are put under my protection. I carry concealed because I don't want to give away my position or make others around me nervous. I also carry where the signs say not to since the bad guy is not going to pay any attention to those signs. If found carrying in a no carry zone I'll leave (I wouldn't be foolish enough to carry into a school or the post office or hospital but would carry into the bank even though they have posted no weapons signs on their doors). I would not stop a robbery, it's only stuff and as long as they don't hurt or act like they are going to hurt someone I won't engage.

I am old but still hyper aware. The military trained me to be that way. I took the training to heart. When you guard your post, no matter what you perceive that to be, you are responsible to use the tools you are skilled with to man it well.

I'll keep it simple. I carry because I've been in a lot of gunfights and will never be caught anywhere w/o my tools. Doesn't matter about statistics, in THIS environment I don't pick the ambushes so I prepare for them.

First off I normally wouldn't read that much on here but I always enjoy what you say and pay attention to it cmshoot cmshoot

I carry to just be prepared, whatever that may be and come my way. Life and moments can change unexpectedly and drastically. Courage and bravery is doing what isn't expected of you to do. Your eyes flash, will things slow down and you zone in and take action or will you freeze up and hesitate or run away.

I know how the Gazelle feels when the Lion looks at it....

I don't like feeling like prey and I've been in situations running my own business that made me feel that way....on 2 separate occasions and the odds were ALWAYS stacked against me. Carrying concealed gives me the right and the option to return fire if necessary.

Luckily, in both instances I was able to use words, wit, and the good ole stink eye to dissuade thugs from attempting any douchebaggery.

Carrying a gun allows me the option to better protect myself and my family should the need arise to do so.

Back
Top Bottom