• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone wanna see DL or GWCL?

Is it illegal to sell a gun to a resident of another state? I have never heard this before. I can understand not selling a gun to someone from Alabama or an Auburn grad, but what about someone from North Carolina, they would probably be harmless.

When a firearm changes ownership from a state resident to a resident of another state, it must have a form 4473 filled out with a FFL holder.

But it's not a requirement. "Knowingly" That's the key word.
An individual buyer or seller of a firearm breaks the law when they "KNOWINGLY" sell a firearm to a nonresident or a "KNOWN" convicted felon.
The law says nothing bout proving anything.

I'm sure that when Georgia's law gets changed like many other states and 4473 or some other form of transfer is imposed all the BOSers will be elated while they piss and moan about firearm registration.

I really don't see the need in half measures. If we are going to be skeptical or paranoid, then we should just go through a FFL dealer and fill out the 4473.

It's much easier to steal firearms than buy them illegally. Most illegally bought weapons were stolen before they were sold.

We don't need any new laws, we just need the laws we have to be upheld and the punishment fit the crime.

That's the beauty of America, you're free to do as you see fit.

For me, I don't think I've ever looked at any ID, shown mine a couple of times.

If someone isn't open to showing ID proving they are who they claim to be, that's fine. Up to buyer and seller to decide if they care.

DL or ID to make sure you are dealing with a resident of your state. Good feedback will usually suffice for me most times.
I met a guy in Augusta once and he confidently showed me his South Carolina drivers license. You can't always trust an honest person's knowledge.

That's the beauty of America, you're free to do as you see fit.

For me, I don't think I've ever looked at any ID, shown mine a couple of times.

If someone isn't open to showing ID proving they are who they claim to be, that's fine. Up to buyer and seller to decide if they care.

But you aren't free to do as you see fit. You are free to do what the law allows you to do.

There are states that require any firearms transaction, private citizens or not, go through a FFL holder. You don't get to do as you see fit.

The beauty of this site is the PMs. That's all the proof I need.

I'd rather them have feedback over a DL or CCW but I do ask to take a peek. I feel like you can do your own due diligence or the government will eventually do it for you, as in no more private sales without an FFL.

I want to see them because have a thing for DL pictures. It has nothing to do with the transaction.

Now can we her the story please OP?

Back
Top Bottom