• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is there a problem with wanting people to list correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been here since 2012 and you mean you haven't seen this topic beat to damn death a million and one times?

Here are some other items an astute member could create threads on:

Flippers
.22 LR prices
Glock prices
PMs (failure to return)
Marking items GONE
etc...etc...

I have seen it as a request a few times. It is a point that is hard to not agree with. If you are geographically challenged, I will question your ability to safely own a firearm. Key point is know where the heck you live people.

There isn't a problem. But, it has been discussed many times before and it is a "pasture" topic by now. The majority of people will list their location based on their vicinity to Atlanta. It drives me nuts, but it is what it is. Personally, I live w/in 20 minutes of the West Ga University, thus I think Coweta is West Ga; but others do not agree and have Newnan listed all over the place. I just look at the map that is attached to the listing and make my decision based off of that, not where the poster thinks he lives. Wait until you make a deal with someone based on their "location" and then find out when discussing a meeting place that they have moved to the other end of the state and never changed their location. Yes, that has happened to me :)

There isn't a problem. But, it has been discussed many times before and it is a "pasture" topic by now. The majority of people will list their location based on their vicinity to Atlanta. It drives me nuts, but it is what it is. Personally, I live w/in 20 minutes of the West Ga University, thus I think Coweta is West Ga; but others do not agree and have Newnan listed all over the place. I just look at the map that is attached to the listing and make my decision based off of that, not where the poster thinks he lives. Wait until you make a deal with someone based on their "location" and then find out when discussing a meeting place that they have moved to the other end of the state and never changed their location. Yes, that has happened to me :)
Thanks for an in depth and honest response. I get it. It just seems like a sticky thread could be made for people that specifically list county to territory. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom