• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why sell a used firearm for more than a new one?

LOL, I sold a Colt on here a month ago for 550.00 I paid 700 for it in 1996. I needed the cash and it was no real loss to me since I got my use out of it. I didn't charge extra for upgrades. It was used 16 years old and sold in about 5 minutes.

If it sold in 5 minutes it was priced to low unless you needed the money in five minutes in my opinion. I refuse to provide cheap guns to unlicensed retailers that do their part in raising prices in the used markets by buying just to jack up prices.

Even worse are the idiots who run out to buy items from stores that are rarer and have bnib guns for sale every day at higher prices. Like the dang gun stores that clear out Walmart ammo to dry up supply and jack up prices, ammo isn't actually hard to get, they just make it hard to get. It is both illegal and unethical.

Last edited:
If it sold in 5 minutes it was priced to low unless you needed the money in five minutes in my opinion. I refuse to provide cheap guns to unlicensed retailers that do their part in raising prices in the used markets by buying just to jack up prices.

Then he would be jacking it up to more than was paid for it. That is the issue.

Back
Top Bottom