• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why the hate for the S&W 40 cal

FB_IMG_1547579925849.jpg

Faddish folks follow fads.

By fads... Do you mean everyone quoting the "operational super navy seal, FBI operators" out there with all their wealth of ballistics knowledge? I agree. Fads at best. Yeah we're beginning to see a lot of this. For C***** sake's folks get out there and just shoot and keep shooting until you're more than proficient with ALL ammo types and cartridges. :usa:

Love a 40, most can't handle the wrist action, so it's always the gun's fault, But it ain't. I've seen folks shoot them and because they have weak wrist or it's too snappy the empty shell would actually get caught on ejection. I have big hands, forearms,
I hear alot about it bieng to snappy , maybe its just the fellas with the girly wrist ?
Yep, Pansies.

By fads... Do you mean everyone quoting the "operational super navy seal, FBI operators" out there with all their wealth of ballistics knowledge? I agree. Fads at best. Yeah we're beginning to see a lot of this. For C***** sake's folks get out there and just shoot and keep shooting until you're more than proficient with ALL ammo types and cartridges. :usa:

At one point, the 40 was the latest and greatest. Police departments got on board. So then everyone needed a 40. Now, the FBI says 9mm is plenty enough (in part, no doubt, because a higher percentage of people qualify with it over "snappy" alternatives.) Police departments get rid of 40s. So 40 now is supposedly obsolete. I'm sure either 9mm or 40 will do what it's designed to do. I'm not fickle enough to care about the latest trends and fashions. This is my take on things and I'm not trying to feign any special expertise. I own both and have no preference.

Back
Top Bottom