Worst Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle you have owned and why

Bersa Mini-Firestorm .40, after about 200rds the recoil rod broke at the lip and mangled the receiver like crazy. Have been meaning to take them up on their lifetime warranty with it...then sell it of course :)

Taurus PT-92, it was a good looking gun in satin nickle with wood grips but after about 100 rds. the recoil spring got so weak it wouldn't even cycle a round. If I had to depend on it to defend myself, I would probably been killed!!! What a POS!!! That was 20 some odd years ago and I still wouldn't own a Taurus auto if you gave it to me. Never had a problem with one of their revolvers though. But I don't own one of those now either. Never had any problems with any of my shotguns or rifles. Oh yeah, I had a S.S. Colt Officers Model .45 that wouldn't feed hollow points. Took it to Bob's Custom Firearms in Palmetto and after he got through with it, it wouldn't even feed hardball without jamming every 2 rounds. Won't ever go to him again I'll guarantee you that!!!:rant:

LOL, I have not bought a bad gun but a friend owed me a little money and gave me a cheap ghetto blaster for payment. I took this as I knew it would be the best I would get from him. It is a Jimenez 380. Its got crappy sights, the external firing pin indicator is some kind of cheap orange rubber. I've never shot it as I'm afraid it might blow up, considering the dependability of my friend. He's not a bad guy or anything, just the type that is always in some kind of trouble that would make a Jerry Springer show look like a Martha Stewart show. lol

As much as I hate to admit it.....it was a Remington product. I've always been a fan of Big Green but I must of got a Friday rifle when I bought a brand new 7400 Carbine in 30-06.
After just three rounds fired, the gas port lug broke right off the bottom of the barrel where it was brazed on!

I sent it back to Remington and they replaced the entire barrel assembly and returned it to me promptly.....all shipping paid both ways. It worked fine after that and I maybe put 50-60 rounds thru it, then eventually sold it. I disclosed the incident to the buyer and he didn't have an issue with a factory repair/replacement and all was well.

I haven't bought a new Remington weapon since, but then again, haven't had the need. FWIW.....both my Model 700's and the three 870's I've owned have never had any issues.

Last edited:
Worst gun I ever had was a Taurus 38 snubbie. To be fair, it was used and an older model. The cylinder seized after shooting about 100 rds and I took it apart and fixed it. After about 50 more rounds it did the same thing again. I broke the hand that revolves the cylinder and called Taurus. They informed me that they did not make the gun, just imported it and wanted it back because they could not repair it. I sent it to them and they sent me a free replacement with a lifetime warranty. Only problem was the replacement had a 4" barrel and wouldn't fit in my ankle holster too well. :) Taurus stood behind it but I still haven't ever owned another one.

Back
Top Bottom