• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would like a flippers point of view...

atljetmech

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
210   0
Reaction score
Why? What is the root cause or your mentality for knowingly flipping a brand new in box weapon and/or ammunition? :confused2:
Is it purely for the profit or do you gain some kind of high or satisfaction??? Is it simply because you can circumnavigate the system by doing so?

Now I'm not talking about some old left over ammunition or a used gun that someone has always wanted to try out and after shooting it, decided it wasn't for them or maybe they were disappointed in cause most of us have been there, including myself. I'm not even talking about the legitimate, never fired safe queen that you've decided to sell on down the road for one reason or another. I think we all know what I'm talking about here.

I'm serious when I ask this also. For the life of me I can't fathom putting forth the time and effort of going out and purchasing ammunition or a brand new weapon and filling out a 4473, just to turn around and try to sell it immediately for profit.

I would guess? Some folks have nothing better to do! Sitting waiting for the ammo to be brought out at Walmart. Just my guess!!!

Why? What is the root cause or your mentality for knowingly flipping a brand new in box weapon and/or ammunition? :confused2:
Is it purely for the profit or do you gain some kind of high or satisfaction??? Is it simply because you can circumnavigate the system by doing so?

Now I'm not talking about some old left over ammunition or a used gun that someone has always wanted to try out and after shooting it, decided it wasn't for them or maybe they were disappointed in cause most of us have been there, including myself. I'm not even talking about the legitimate, never fired safe queen that you've decided to sell on down the road for one reason or another. I think we all know what I'm talking about here.

I'm serious when I ask this also. For the life of me I can't fathom putting forth the time and effort of going out and purchasing ammunition or a brand new weapon and filling out a 4473, just to turn around and try to sell it immediately for profit.

There's your answer.

I did some flipping for a while, but it involved me building a product from separately purchased parts. I was able to do alright selling for more than my total cost but less than the cheapest completed version of what I sold. Most people who purchased my stuff was police officers building their own rifles. But I never flipped firearms since I don't feel like getting federal fubar'd

its 100% for profit, there no other motivator. ive always assumed the bnib guns are picked up bc they were on sale somewhere and the buyer is aware the odt market is higher than said sale price. if you get your hands on a $550 odt glock for $400, theres profit to be made, or you could trade it for a weapon that you couldn't quite afford otherwise. but that has just been my assumption...

I am not a "flipper" but I am curious.
What is it that bothers you to the point of obsession with someone selling for a profit?
Do you feel the Government is being cheated out of their cut?

i figured the ones doing the aggressive flipping are probably either retired or on disability and dont have regular jobs to worry about

seriously, i dont have the time to pour into flipping ammo when the return is generally pretty low to be honest

Back
Top Bottom