• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wrangler vs Cherokee

Yeah the wrangler he has is in great shape all around others that he had a shackle welded where it attached to the front axle.
Not sure which one, maybe UCA but he says when you're going down the road about 45-50 mph and hit a crown or an uneven spot it throws the vehicle sideways and it feels like it's gonna flip over.
It's not death wobble but something is off.
I told him it could be the lift components were wrong for that build and maybe should have used specialty parts in addition to the lift such as a drop Pittman arm..etc.
He insists the lift was done professionally.....I just need to go look at it but it's in Pennsylvania.

Sounds like bump steer, coupled with poor suspension geometry.

VERY few "professionals" do a lift properly. A well done lift on a wrangler is very expensive.

Yeah they seem more like a fun toy but not a practical
Everyday vehicle.

I can fit hunting gear for three guys in my Cherokee and get it anywhere we need to go.

They are money pits and if you're not mechanically inclined don't even get one unless you have deep pockets and a cheap mechanic.

Carry extra parts (the common ones) and tools to fix them.

If you want to become a mechanic....but a Cherokee and a repair manual because you will
Need it and it's a fun vehicle to work on.

The first thing I do is upgrade all my battery cables including running a fat, dedicated ground cable from the bettery neg to the engine block and chassis to engine to keep my electrons flowing strong and happy.

I owned a 99 Cherokee for several years. I sold it in 3 hours after listing it on Craig's List. It had 335,000 miles on it and was still running just fine. In the time I had it I never had an issue with the engine or transmission (auto). I kept the fluids changed and did most of the preventive maintenance myself. I had to replace the normal things (alternator, power steering pump, etc) but they were replaced before they left me stranded. The bottom line is that no vehicle is 100% perfect but most are very acceptable when you do the maintenance and fix things when they give you those "I'm fixin' to go out" signals. I have a Wrangler now and so far it has been perfect. 85,000 miles on a 2012 JK. It is the only vehicle I ever bought that did not have to go back to the dealer to fix some little warranty issue. Wranglers are great vehicles in their own right. They should not be compared to anything else except other Wranglers. I have been 100%happy with both my Jeeps.

Cherokee. But I'm biased.
233343a7d0b00fc4427f0feb2246e536.jpg

It's fore sail if anyone's interested.

Back
Top Bottom