• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wrestler wins second straight Texas girls' high school title

We've gone the other way. They are now "celebrated" and when that understandably STILL doesn't correct their inner turmoil they still have an incredible suicide rate TEN TIMES higher than the general public. Treat it like the mental illness it is. Get them help. Stop shoving them in the spotlight. They are children (in most cases). It's fuel on a fire.
Agreed.

I saw what looked to be a transgender person at a fast food restaurant the other day.
This person seemed to be a biological male because he was about 6 feet tall and broad shouldered, but it looked like he had makeup on, lots of facial jewelry and piercings, ear gauges the size of golf balls,
and both of his arms were not only covered in tattoos but one arm was slashed up with a bunch of wounds from self-inflicted cutting.

In this case, gender identity disorder seems to be just another symptom of an underlying mental illness.

upload_2018-12-31_17-51-6.gif

I agree she needs help. There use to be no help for these kids and a lot of them committed suicide. I've seen it. 9 year old and a 15 year old both hung themselves and the notes left behind blamed unsupportive parents for similar feelings.

I'm glad there are options for these young people these days so they can live with themselves instead of taking their own life at some point.
My 15 year old daughter wants to be a boy. She got her hair cut short and asked us to call her a boys name. (Started at 13) We have been very supportive. Not sure if it's a phase or the real deal, but it doesn't change how we feel about her or how much we love her. She needs to find her own way like the rest of us.

Isn't interested in hormones or any permanent changes so not sure where it will land.

My 15 year old daughter wants to be a boy. She got her hair cut short and asked us to call her a boys name. (Started at 13) We have been very supportive. Not sure if it's a phase or the real deal, but it doesn't change how we feel about her or how much we love her. She needs to find her own way like the rest of us.

Isn't interested in hormones or any permanent changes so not sure where it will land.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Good job Dad. Unconditional love and support.

Back
Top Bottom