• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WTF PepBoys????

Well...yeah...I imagine they are fun to drive....kinda like that day in winter when you had daddy's car and at school and it snowed and the parking lot was kinda iced over and you got to spoon wheel, cartwheel and slide all over.... and still get it home in one piece....only with it, you zip and zag and do all that on dry pavement.....I just wish they'd have built it in the 80s-90s before LGBT woke crap..

That little 1.6 turbo is pretty quick. It's a lot of fun to drive. Took it from Blue Ridge GA to Cleveland GA over the mountain and it was a fun ride. It's very flat through the curves and had no issues accelerating up hill.

So has this repair shop done the last few oil changes? If the response has changed several times, that's a strong indicator for whatever reason the shop is in the wrong. Mainly the management, as they set the tone for the repair work and quality. If he is lying through the teeth, its probably a common accordance and traceable through previous repair issues/customer complaints.

First oil change since I bought the car. They did warranty work a couple weeks ago for a break pad wear sensor that was faulty, and I didn't have any problems with them at all.

I hadn't heard that. I see them everywhere. They seem pretty popular.

They make the top 10 list every year for worst car. And as a mechanic I won't even pop the hood on one anymore. I have replaced probably 15 engines in mini's plus tons of other things that just wore out prematurely. I am done with them as a mechanic.

However typically 12 minutes of run time total and really probably less then 2 minutes of run time Especially just idle time before they figured out they forgot oil or filter(if either at all). Which in my opinion isn't enough to cause knocking. Especially since those engines are known to just start knocking. Not trying to side with pepboys since they are not a real shop anyway. But it as hard as it is to believe really could just be a bad coincidence. At any rate you in my professional opinion you are better off without a mini in your life. And given the what used cars are bringing and how a mini's resale value is typically shockingly low there is not better time for you to capitalize on trading it in for a better quality vehicle. And not that you asked but stay away from any make or model with a turbo unless it's a diesle.

They make the top 10 list every year for worst car. And as a mechanic I won't even pop the hood on one anymore. I have replaced probably 15 engines in mini's plus tons of other things that just wore out prematurely. I am done with them as a mechanic.

However typically 12 minutes of run time total and really probably less then 2 minutes of run time Especially just idle time before they figured out they forgot oil or filter(if either at all). Which in my opinion isn't enough to cause knocking. Especially since those engines are known to just start knocking. Not trying to side with pepboys since they are not a real shop anyway. But it as hard as it is to believe really could just be a bad coincidence. At any rate you in my professional opinion you are better off without a mini in your life. And given the what used cars are bringing and how a mini's resale value is typically shockingly low there is not better time for you to capitalize on trading it in for a better quality vehicle. And not that you asked but stay away from any make or model with a turbo unless it's a diesle.

unnamed (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom