• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yet another self defense shooting question, with a poll!

Should you make a negative comment about your attacker to the police?

• Yes, as long as you said it the right way

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No, regardless of what happened.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • "Officer, I was in fear for my life, I need to speak to my attorney"

Votes: 62 73.8%

• Total voters
Some lawyers accept retainers Some don't. Really it's up to them. Known my lawyer for many years. Saved me a few times.

I've heard that expression over the years but never really understood it....so, in short, you pay a monthly fee to have quick access to him and guaranteed representation and then should you ever need him whatever you've already paid in over the months goes towards what his fee would have been?

I've heard that expression over the years but never really understood it....so, in short, you pay a monthly fee to have quick access to him and guaranteed representation and then should you ever need him whatever you've already paid in over the months goes towards what his fee would have been?

Exactly. Every so often I get some of my money back because I have not needed his legal services. Its a way of making sure they will see your case through.

yep, buddy of mine down in Fl has been back and forth with the Judge and lawyers for two years now... apparently they need it during the appeals process too.

All the more reason I advocate not carrying a $1300 pistol. I'd much rather be out a $400 Glock if the time came than $1300 Springfield or Kimber or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom