• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YHM or AAC Suppressor for my .308 and why?

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
218   0
Reaction score
Someone please chime in their experience or knowledge about both companies.

I have the cash and looking to purchase a suppressor for a .308

I'm looking to buy an adapter to run blackout and 5.56 also-

What I want to do is run a single suppressor through 3 rifles.... save the tax stamp and purchase the extra adapters.

Are you dead set on those two brands? Also depends on your priority requirements such as weight, size, sound reduction, QD type, etc.

It is not the be all end all, but the below Silencer Shop video comparing some popular 308 cans is a good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a AAC, because I liked there QD options and more important their muzzle breaks. I have enjoyed mine.

*edit* I shoot blackout through my 6 all day long.

Last edited:
I have a AAC, because I liked there QD options and more important their muzzle breaks. I have enjoyed mine.

*edit* I shoot blackout through my 6 all day long.

I did something similar with the Surefire SOCOM 762. I really like their mounting system and they offer both flash hiders and muzzle brakes. Plus, the 762 will downward mount (on a 556) but the 556 won't mount on a 762 mount.

If the .308 rifle you are putting on is a precision rifle you'll be much better suited and a QD can. Direct Thread Thunderbeast ,and the AAC Cyclone will have minimal POI shift, thats the benefit of them being direct threaded. The Thunderbeast can's are simply put the best can for precision rifles, with AAC being second or third.

The disadvantage to QD can's is substantially more POI shift especially the AAC 51t mounts. Browse some forums and you'll see substantial amounts of posts from people with AAC 51t mounts and the can for lack of a better term wobbles or backs off the QD mount, it's well documented that this degrades accuracy. Of course the benefit of a QD can is the flexibility you have on mounting across multiple rifle platforms.

I did something similar with the Surefire SOCOM 762. I really like their mounting system and they offer both flash hiders and muzzle brakes. Plus, the 762 will downward mount (on a 556) but the 556 won't mount on a 762 mount.

The Surefire mounts are 100% the best QD mounts on the market, however SilencerShop did a test on the .308 cans (see video above) notice how the said the Surefire can in the introduction would be in the tests, but there is no video of it? Well that's because it metered significantly louder than any of the other brands they didn't include it in the video. On AR15 they posted that the results were so bad they sent the can back to Surefire to see if their was a manufacturing error............nothing ever came of it, SilencerShop deleted the posts saying how bad it was and that it was sent back. Draw your own conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom