• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You ever notice how defensive people get when they know their shyt is overpriced?

If you had a Keltec, wouldn't you sell it for $1K if you could find a sucker to give you that for it?

Honestly, no. I wouldn't feel right about that. But I'm also not a dirtbag. A couple years back I hired a guy with a big stump grinder to grind up a portion of my back yard that had a bunch of stumps in it. I wanted to smooth it out and plant grass. He came and said he would do it for $450. I agreed. He did the job and said "that actually didn't take as long as I thought. Just give me $400." I appreciated his honesty and integrity. He showed up on-time, worked hard, and got it done quickly. I said "No. I agreed to pay $450, so you're taking $450." I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't expecting me to say that. He was very thankful.

I don't say this to act like I'm holier than thou. And yes, capitalism is capitalism. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I fully support that. But you can do the right thing by staying within a reasonable range of the current market value. No need to take twice what something is probably worth simply because someone isn't informed or is desperate.

*Edited a grammatical error.

Do you think some of'em may just be showing off their new toy? Not that I care, I like looking at guns. If I see a $2500 Glock schroll by.... I gotta click. I can't help myself.
No, I think that are looking for a sucker. I'm not offended, I just don't care to see it and the ignore button of easy to use.

Honestly, no. I wouldn't feel right about that. But I'm also not a dirtbag. A couple years back I hired a guy with a big stump grinder to grind up a portion of my back yard that had a bunch of stumps in it. I wanted to smooth it out and plant grass. He came and said he would do it for $450. I agreed. He did the job and said "that actually didn't take as long as I thought. Just give me $400." I appreciated his honesty and integrity. He showed up on-time, worked hard, and got it done quickly. I said "No. I agreed to pay $450, so you're taking $450." I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't expecting me to say that. He was very thankful.

I don't say this to act like I'm holier than thou. And yes, capitalism is capitalism. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I fully support that. But you can do the right thing by staying within a reasonable range of the current market value. No need to take twice what something is probably worth simply because someone isn't informed or is desperate.

*Edited a grammatical error.
What are your listing as pre covid prices then? If the answer is nothing, that's about the same as offering it for a high price and it not selling.

BTW, I did a similar thing with our dog groomer after she had a flat and I helped her out. She tried to discount the hair cut and I told her no way.

bought some 22 LR for 10 cents a round monday. Saw a New with 12 FB's all since Jan. all appears to be ammo. ads 5 pages of semi rifles, 20 pages ammo. Somebody is doing business

Back
Top Bottom