• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You ever see this happen?

WC1911guy

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
Took the AR pistol to the range today to sight a new Aimpoint. Everything was going great and as I got down to my last 5 or so rounds I hear a weird noise and see a HUGE spark come off the wall to the right of the target. Everything seemed fine so I take another shot and the fire ball was, well a surprise.

Turns out the end cap from the flash suppressor some how got shot down range with the round (large spark was it hitting the wall). It was a unit similar to the Noveske KX3 but I have no clue who made it. It came on the AR and its unmarked.

Weird. Lucky for me it went down range and other than it tearing out the threads no other damage occurred. I've got a real KX3 on the way now.

Here's a pic of the end after I got back to my POV.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369796684.173615.jpg

Yes those are cheap copies and the cone is held in by the cap which has a spring to hold it on. They aren't made great and the cone can scone misaligned an take a bullet, similar to a baffle strike. Or you had a bullet not stabilize and tumble through it. Or the whole uni came lose from the threads and cause a baffle strike.

Probably a airsoft or knock off that couldn't handle the pressure.

Looks more like the amazon.com krink brakes that I mentioned before with springs and the pressure cone. That botch in the front holds the end of the wire spring tht wraps around it holding the cap tight on the cone which is sandwiched I between the cap and tube

I'm sure its not an Airsoft part as I've run hundreds of rounds thru this thing with no issues. It worked very well at directing muzzle blast away from me down range. I guess it just got out of alignment and the round took it down range. Probably good it wasn't made better or the damage may have been worse on my end.

As Lax said, the end cap cone screws in and is held in place by a wire retention loop. It's basically just like the KX3 but obviously not even close in quality. Just goes to show that you get what you pay for with gun parts.

I'm sure its not an Airsoft part as I've run hundreds of rounds thru this thing with no issues. It worked very well at directing muzzle blast away from me down range. I guess it just got out of alignment and the round took it down range. Probably good it wasn't made better or the damage may have been worse on my end.

As Lax said, the end cap cone screws in and is held in place by a wire retention loop. It's basically just like the KX3 but obviously not even close in quality. Just goes to show that you get what you pay for with gun parts.

I think you either got an airsoft part designed to mimic the kx3 or a Chinese knockoff. The airsoft crowd has been making "real steel" accessories for a while now, including fake KAC & DD rails, BUIS, etc. Glad you weren't hurt and that the gun wasn't damaged.

I think you either got an airsoft part designed to mimic the kx3 or a Chinese knockoff. The airsoft crowd has been making "real steel" accessories for a while now, including fake KAC & DD rails, BUIS, etc. Glad you weren't hurt and that the gun wasn't damaged.

Thanks, me too.

It wasn't airsoft though. I found some from different companies that are pretty cheap though.

MZ-1002a.jpg

AR 223 Krinkov Style Muzzle Brake, Pressure Reducer 1/2x28 Pitch
Item#:MZ-1002
Read Reviews (0)
Rate this product

Back
Top Bottom