• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You gotta call the ATF if I do what???

cxglock26

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
123   4
Reaction score
so I was looking at guns in a pawn shop Friday and I overheard one of the sales people say they are now required to call the ATF if you want to purchase more than 1 gun in a single transaction. Anybody else heard of that one or were they misinformed in some sort of way or what?

sure that someone will be along shortly with more info, but it has been my understanding that there is an additional form or notice that is sent. Issue was brought up with Christmas sales and people buying more than one stripped lower that were on sale.

Pawn shops have some stuff you can't find here in the ODT. ODT is a great forum but there are some sweet deals at the pawn shops and you can catch em in slow months like January and February and they will not only make a deal with you, you'll get extras too.

so I was looking at guns in a pawn shop Friday and I overheard one of the sales people say they are now required to call the ATF if you want to purchase more than 1 gun in a single transaction. Anybody else heard of that one or were they misinformed in some sort of way or what?
I've never heard it before, but I'd be interested to know. May have to start walking out and back in for each transaction.

To the OP: Yes, if you purchase more than one handgun in a week they are required to file a multiple gun purchase form. You can buy a handgun and a rifle without it but two or more handguns within the week requires it. Many times I have had to wait to make sure I didn't pick up two within the week.

As to buying from Pawn Shops....I buy more from Pawn Express than I ever have here. Between the same(and more often BETTER) prices at Pawn Express and not having to drive all over the state to try to meet people who may decide that their wives won't let them sell them, I'll HAPPILY continue to buy from Pawn Express.

Back
Top Bottom