• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You gotta call the ATF if I do what???

Prices here more than half the time are more than what guns sell for NEW. I am a cheap bastard though.

I agee...with both parts. ;)

J/K. I've seen some of your toys...you AIN'T cheap.

Besides, I'M a cheap bastard and you're never at any of our meetings. :p

Week before last I bought 3 from one store and 1 from another store all in the same day. Nothing different was done. Gave them my GWL and DL and filled out the 4473. No more of a wait than it ever was before.

To the OP: Yes, if you purchase more than one handgun in a week they are required to file a multiple gun purchase form. You can buy a handgun and a rifle without it but two or more handguns within the week requires it. Many times I have had to wait to make sure I didn't pick up two within the week.

As to buying from Pawn Shops....I buy more from Pawn Express than I ever have here. Between the same(and more often BETTER) prices at Pawn Express and not having to drive all over the state to try to meet people who may decide that their wives won't let them sell them, I'll HAPPILY continue to buy from Pawn Express.

Now is that if you buy from the same establishment or could you buy from 2 different places in the same day? I've been in places where somepne was buying a second handgun from another spot earlier that same day.

Now is that if you buy from the same establishment or could you buy from 2 different places in the same day? I've been in places where somepne was buying a second handgun from another spot earlier that same day.
Same only. They don't call each other to check.

Week before last I bought 3 from one store and 1 from another store all in the same day. Nothing different was done. Gave them my GWL and DL and filled out the 4473. No more of a wait than it ever was before.

You didn't see it get filled out because the FFL holder does it.
Tell that to the people of New Orleans
Don't live below sea level.

And right after you walked out of the store you bought two HANDGUNS(if they were both handguns), they were required to send the fax to the ATF. They don't have to tell you they are doing it, just do it.

I think he is referring to the gun confiscation during the Katrina aftermath. Who knows how they determined who had guns and who didn't.

Back
Top Bottom