• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You guys think armslist is making fake posts?

WildMan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
102   0
Reaction score
Used armslist in the past and may well continue to post for sale there.

Selling is still free but to buy you have to pay a membership fee now. Ive noticed recently that there are some conspicuously low priced fire arms that pop up. I mean so out of the ordinary that I think their fake. Not the "Im out of state and need you to send the money first" scams.

It's not unheard of for sites to do this type thing to drum up membership fees. Anyone one on here have an armslist account and not been able to ever obtain these cheap firearms?

Yes, yes, and yes. Seems like since they started the membership fee there’s been a lot of too good to be true deals. One in particular looked familiar to me only to find the post and pics were stolen from Gun Broker. It was a high end Colt that sold on Gun Broker for about two grand and it was for sale on Armslist for $600.00. That site will be dead in a matter of months.

Somebody here got robbed responding to one of those too good to be true armslist ads years ago. I’d be more weary of that than them trying to drum up fake membership fees.

Somebody here got robbed responding to one of those too good to be true armslist ads years ago. I’d be more weary of that than them trying to drum up fake membership fees.

Maybe you are noticing them more now, but those scam posts have always been there.

Why, after all the scams caught on armslist all these years.....would anyone even consider using it??

I know armslist is a dirty ass place with scams and robbers, however since the fee I've noticed ads that are a bit different then the usual obvious scams or some bro holding up a pistol or wad of cash in a photo that has the dirtiest cigarette burnt carpet in the background.

As far as using armslist I've had success and met some decent people on it. You just have to operate such that you avoid the bull****ter time wasters and obvious scandalous people.

Back
Top Bottom