• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You have to leave on foot, which 2 guns do you take with you and why?

Pretty sure I have weighed in already on this thread, but I'm going to way in again with our current BOB situation.

Leaving on foot, or in the truck makes no difference to the basic loadout that me and my wife would be carrying, although we would get a lot of extra misc gear in the truck.

Since this thread pertains to the guns of choice, I won't go into the setup or other gear (food, medicine, first aid, camp gear, etc) associated with a "have to get out" situation, and focus solely on the weapons.

My BOB contains a small 22 pistol, and a ton of 22LR. I also have a shotgun slung on the pack, with a decent amount of 12 ga (ranging from 00 to birdshot). I would be carrying a .45 on my hip, with extra mags in the bag, and on my hip. Also I would (currently) sling my scoped Mosin 91/30, and carry my SKS, more than likely, ammo for each in the bag.
- Before you say it, yes its heavy, no I will not be going very far, very fast. But better to leave my home with as much as I can physically carry, and then shed along the way if neccesary, I assume that if I am leaving my home, I'm not coming back. (We have a "bug in" strategy in place as our Plan A, so Plan B basically tells me we arent coming back to the area)

My wife has a nice pack as well with a METRIC TON of 22LR in it, she will have her 12ga lashed on her pack, and a 22 pistol on her hip, she also will be carrying her .22 AR.
- I'd like to leave the wife as light a load as possible, so we don't have her bag overloaded like mine, I'm not saying my wife is weak by any means, but lets face it, I dont feel like even under stress that she could be nearly as capable as I with a similarly weighted load.

This gives us a total of 2 12 gauges, a .45, two .22 pistols, a .22 AR, a scoped 7.62 x 54R, and a 7.62x39.
The only thing I might change is one of us carrying a rifle, and one of carrying the scattergun. Gives you more versatility in a situation where you were to suddenly need firepower.

I would like to know where the hell all these ppl. are going...I bet at least half of the ppl. that posted in here have absolutely no idea...lol

Browning a bolt medallion in. 243 or my fal. pistol would be ruger single 6 22. rifle for big game pistol for small game pistol and ammo already in my bob.

But most important my diamond compound bow, tough, quiet, and arrows are reusable

Head to a watchtower on grassy mountain

Last edited:
I'm with the 22lr crowd! My Sig 522 is AMAZINGLY reliable and accurate. I can carry about a BRAZILIAN rounds, lol and my Glock 17L for defensive purposes!

Back
Top Bottom