• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

Somebody lied to you. They are quite capable of great accuracy.
He's simply never owned one that wasn't broken. Most are fine to 200 yards and beyond. I've rung steel at 350 with my '92 chambered in 38-40. It can be done if you channel your inner Fudd.
If you would like my opinion you need to pay for a consultation. Call my secretary to schedule an appointment.
I dropped a deer in it's tracks at close to 250 yds with my marlin 30-30. I've also killed them at 50 yds in the brush. Best deer gun ever.
Ok I gotta see this. When's range day fellers? Every 30-30 I've owned must have simply been a turd. That or I can't shoot. Granted the 30-30s I've owned have all had steel buttstock plates for pads and were probably shot out.

Ok I gotta see this. When's range day fellers? Every 30-30 I've owned must have simply been a turd. That or I can't shoot. Granted the 30-30s I've owned have all had steel buttstock plates and were probably shot out.

I believe you owning them was the problem. If you have any that can't shoot for **** and you want to sell them, hit me up.

I believe you owning them was the problem. If you have any that can't shoot for **** and you want to sell them, hit me up.
Could be. I own a Rossi 44 magnum now and that's it but it shoots about a 2 inch group at 50. I think I gave 500 ish for it an all stainless gun.

Edit; that is with irons though.

The leverevolution bullets made a huge difference. I doubt I could hit 420 but I have no doubt I could dial a 30-30 up at 250 all day.
Maybe I need to try another 30-30 maybe a newer one this time. I really did like the old ones with steel butt plates though. I was just disappointed with their accuracy.

So why are people pricing them so dang high? A lever gun is a 25 yard to 50 yard brush gun at best.

Don't get me wrong I like 30-30s and the nostalgia that goes along with them but seriously 1500+ dollars for a marlin or a winchester LOL.
Must say, I have no clue! Always thought they were for looks? Do not believe I have ever fired one! So I am in for the lunch date also!

Maybe I need to try another 30-30 maybe a newer one this time. I really did like the old ones with steel butt plates though. I was just disappointed with their accuracy.
I like what karlvv30 karlvv30 said. Ammo can be a game changer on those old slabs.

Back
Top Bottom